Monday, November 2, 2009

Masks and Mentors

Halloween was fun. I had a little too much alcohol and half of me felt like I had missed out on most of my college experience because I barely ever went out and the other half felt great that I've always been a guy with my head on straight when it comes to being responsible and not doing stupid things even when I'm in that state. Be silly and loud maybe, but nothing stupid or illegal. I did enjoy the buzz, but I was frantically freaking out and worrying about everyone else being ok.

I ended up losing my costume mask (I was the Phantom of the Opera). Preferably, I'd like to think of it as a metaphor of me eventually losing my metaphorical mask to the people I still wear masks around, though I really lost the mask because I was just too...well yeah.

I went to the glbt church group again yesterday and one of the older men who I became friends with gave me this philosophical sci-fi book he wants me to read. I feel like he's kind of taking me under his wing since I'm still uncomfortable with the religion versus sexuality thing sometimes, so it's nice to have someone I can be able to talk to and kind of guide me. On the other hand, I'm very guarded because you never know what people's intentions are.

I feel very "green" among the people there because I'm one of the youngest members and am so inexperienced with life in general. Also, like I said in another post, I'm not generally that comfortable in settings that are exclusively glbt (the cliqueyness, the campiness, etc.).

The most important thing to me right now is getting my degree and being able to work in the career I've always wanted to be in. Everything else can fall into place on its own...


1 comment:

  1. keep the faith; everything really does fall into place

    ReplyDelete