Friday, October 2, 2009

SOLD

Last Wednesday at 11 am my father closed the deal on the house. My father can finally have peace after months of worrying about selling the house in time before the bank took it due to our several unpaid months of mortgage--reason being the free rent we gave the tenants in hopes they would be able to financially afford to move out as quickly as possible).

My dad may be more or less rich right now, but I'm still poor--so don't plan to kidnap/torture me! Plus I doubt my dad would pay a ransom..rofl. The house did sell for a good price, but we lost at least half the money in what we owed the bank. He plans to use the money to retire in the DR with my family (already there) and open up a small dentist clinic where he can work part time to keep some of the cash flowing in.

As for myself, I have a job interview lined up on Tuesday for a substance abuse center in soho. I'm praying that I get it, though I still pray I can one day grow enough to become [in the Ignatian manner] "indifferent" and throw myself at whatever God's will is; regardless of its seeming favoribility or lack thereof.

I have to write a post on the dilemma of prayer (i.e. what's the point of praying as a way to ask for stuff if God already knows what we want and why are some things never going to be granted, like an amputee's leg) but right now I'm just filled with gratitude that prayer request I sent to St. Anthony's shrine worked.

October is one of my favorite months: many of my favorite saint feast days (Thérèse and Teresa especially), my little brother's birthday (which I've missed every year for the last 4 years :(), and the mystical atmosphere of fall to round it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment